Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Day of Class

I figured, through this blog, I should probably give a quick sketch of who I am and what my dreams are as well. I'm a college student attending a very cold little campus in North America. I'm talking cold, too. Not "Oh goodness! It's only thirty degrees and there's frost on the edges of those puddles!" I'm talking "Ugh. Forty below again! But my fingertips are already frostbitten." It's an interesting life. College is one of those things that amaze me, though, by the fact that so few actually attend when it's one of those big steps in life. I have my English degree - it hangs on my wall, reminding me daily that I really did manage to get it - and I've gone back for one more year to the same undergraduate college in hopes of finishing my other three BAs in Psychology, Sociology, and Theatre. I have the hopes that it will some day manage to make me a better writer - being able to view the characters inside and out, as well as their surroundings and how they speak. I think it's working, but I'm a bit close to the subject matter, of course.
Anyway, today is another day of classes - I still have my late night one to go - and that really complicates all that goes with "getting published." Finding time to do anything beyond homework and attending classes, not to mention working in order to pay for those classes, is really difficult.
But I will persevere
!

No comments:

Post a Comment